Friday, March 30, 2018

L’Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Liquid Lipstick: Review & Swatches

Most people are getting ready to transition their makeup and wardrobe from winter to spring and embrace soft pastels, coral and pinks (it’s pretty much the same color scheme every season). I on the other hand can’t seem to get enough of my favorite vampy pigments. There is just something seductive about rich, sultry lips and L’Oreal’s Pro Matte Collection has so many sexy shades.


Everything about these colors is supposed to be matte (including the packaging) but they do retain a lot of shine before drying. The formula is pretty much everything you’d want in a long-wear liquid lipstick – creamy, adequate moisture, easy application and intense color. Most of these “stay all day” formulas cling to the skin like a lacquer or paint which creates a sticky texture (small price to pay for a perfectly painted pout). The adhesive finish allows you to sip champagne without getting lip prints all over your glass and it doesn’t smear or bleed. Once set, you are supposed to get up to 24 hours of smudge-proof, transfer-proof wear but after a few hours and a couple meals I usually need a touch-up (not a big deal for such pretty color).


The applicator has a sharp point that helps outline and define the lip contour for precision and neatness plus the more layers you apply, the longer your color will last. The lipsticks retail for $11.96 each and if you like deep, vivid hues these will definitely compliment your style.


Left to right: 356 Deeply Disturbed, 368 Matador, 366 Stirred, 362 Plum Bum and 370 Roseblood

Every time a trendy new palette hits the beauty scene there is always a lot of excitement but the L’Oreal Infallible Eye Shadows have been a staple in my collection for years. These intense pigments can go head-to-head with some of the best high-end brands on the market and the individual jars are perfect for travel. What I love most is the quality – the color is intense, buildable, velvety, and shimmery without fading or creasing.


I have a lot of makeup (I may need another house just to store it) but one of my all-time favorite eye shadows is Just Garnet. This color has become my signature shade. Every time I attend a press event or makeup launch other beauty gurus always ask what I’m wearing on my eyes (now you know ladies). If you have the Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette (another one of my faves) this color looks amazing with the burgundy tones.


L’Oreal is available at drugstores nationwide

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...